- 70-hours, competency-based curricula following ACGME guidelines
- 24-hour access for residents and faculty
- Blends on-line learning with experiential activities
- Full course on Resident Self-Care which addresses ACGME Section VI common program requirement for physician well-being
- Modular format allows maximum flexibility?can be used as a 4-week elective course
- Evaluation tools and exams built in to monitor progress and assess acquisition of knowledge
- For faculty:
- Monthly joint site leadership calls
- Faculty learning with CME
- Annual Faculty Development Meetings in Tucson, AZ
- On-line resource library with teaching materials, presentations, handouts
Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency
The Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine, in collaboration with leading experts in integrative medicine, has developed the first of its kind, on-line pediatric integrative medicine (PIM) curriculum designed specifically for the education of pediatric residents in training. This curriculum offers topics not typically included in conventional medical education such as nutrition, dietary supplements, mind-body medicine, environmental medicine, and more. First introduced in 2013, this program has been adopted nationally and internationally by pediatric residency programs such as Stanford University, Children?s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), University of Arizona, and University of Southern California (USC), to name a few. The curriculum and resources are updated on a regular basis to reflect the ever-growing evidence that supports this field.
The landscape of pediatric medicine is changing, and pediatricians are dealing with more chronic illnesses and stress-related disorders that often are not fully addressed with conventional medicine treatments. Parental demand is high and new approaches for prevention and expanded treatment options are urgently needed.
Pediatric Integrative Medicine
Pediatric integrative medicine (PIM) is endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, and offers a healing oriented approach that takes account of the whole infant, child or adolescent, including all elements of lifestyle and family health. It emphasizes the powerful triad of child-family-practitioner, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.
|PIMR Peds Principles Poster||Principles of Pediatric Integrative Medicine poster. 18 x 24, web resolution.||Download|
|PIMR Flyer||Flyer describing the Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency program.||Download|
|IMR & PIMR Site List||Site list for Integrative Medicine in Residency and Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency.||Download|
|IMR: PIMR Curriculum & Content||Curriculum and content of the Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency program.||Download|
You may also be interested in: